In summer 2018 Chroma Conservation completed conservation works to the decorative nave ceiling at Grade I listed St Peter and St Paul Church, Caistor, Lincolnshire, as part of a large scope of works to the tower and nave roofs. The work was grant-aided by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The work carried out was limited in respect of a comprehensive conservation programme.
A scope of works was to:
• Provide uplift to the ceiling by dry cleaning only methods to remove superficial surface dust
• Consolidate illustrative areas of flaking paint
• Retouch paint losses
• Full recreation of a new panel in water-based paint system
• Small lime plaster repairs to the panels
• Report on the works carried out.